Thursday, April 06, 2006

Nibs and Screen Protectors

Based on an entry by Tracey Hooten at the The Student Tablet PC site, I ordered some felt nibs for my stylus (I've been using a Cross Executive). The plastic nib seemed way to hard for my tastes. I also ordered a WriteShield screen protector.

The nib came in first. I placed it in the stylus and started writing. A very nice experience. Softer that the plastic nib and less noise. I usually use fountain pens (I am lucky in that Levenger is within 30 minutes of my house) so this was more to my liking than the hard plastic.

The WriteShield came in next. I procrastinated for a few days before installing it. The install was easier than I expected, but I still have lint/dust under the protector.

The writing experience is like using a number 2 pencil on paper. Same feel, same sound. I've been enjoying it very much.

No comments: