Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Customer Service

I recently installed Gyroq (www.gyronix.com) on my tablet. I ran into some issues with the creation of the icon in the system tray. I sent an email to support. Nick Dufill from Gyronix responded quickly with some information and a little while later with a link to an updated build. In addition to this, I see Nick is all over the GTD-Mind Manager list with responses and tips to people's issues. He definitely believes in his product and supports it.

I wanted to register a domain recently and went to Go Daddy. I entered the information, and paid for the registration. A friend went to check the domain and got an error. I checked and I had fat fingered the domain name. I went out and registered the correct domain. At this point I figured I was hosed. The friend suggested I call customer service and see what they could do. I spoke to a rep that was very helpful and reversed everything (even though I was the bozo) and refunded the money.

Two examples of people going out of their way to help others. This is good stuff.

No comments: