Monday, May 07, 2007

What Am I Missing Here?

I saw in a blog entry about a Vista Tweak program from TotalIdea (www.totalidea.com). It looked cool and I thought I'd order it. For $30.00 how can you go wrong? In getting ready to order they force you to read the return policy - no returns, but they say you can use the demo to try out the software before you buy. This was a red flag, so I decided I'd download the software.

Now, the software comes in 3 flavors, a free version, a premium and an ultimate version. So I go to download. Only the free version is available (that I can find) as a download. Ok, so if they want me to be happy, how can I tell with the other versions? I look for a place to send an email and ask a question about this (and adding additional machines later). I can not find a place to send them an email, there is a number to call for ordering, but not product support. You can get product support, but only for registered users. Huh? I kept reading the FAQ, but can't seem to find the info I want.

Also, they have a funky web site. They have a menu bar with nice looking icons, but I had to click twick to get it to do what I wanted. Maybe if I was using FireFox I wouldn't have that problem, but it does not work nicely with IE7.

No comments: