Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Vista Build 5472

Hardware - Acer TMC204 TMI 2 gig memory, 2.0 gHz

This is a new install on a new partition, no upgrade to XP.

The build installed nicely on the tablet with no issues. The time for install wasn't bad, about 30 minutes. After the install I noticed some activity where it was calculating hardware performance, that was new ( or I hadn't noticed it before).

Glass came up with no problems. It is nice, but I don't really see the value in it.

Beta 2 worked ok for me except for speed. because of that I removed it. I did an install of 5456, but had screen rotation problems. When I would rotate the screen, the screen would go black, I could see the mouse but nothing else. Re-booting would put the machine in the last screen orientation. I tried the nVidia drivers to solve this with no luck.

I was hoping this problem was fixed in 5472, but it doesn't seem to be. I need to experiment more to see if I can get it resolved. nVidia may have some updated drivers that I can install.

More to come.

No comments: