Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gardening

The weather has been excellent for putzing in the yard the past couple of weeks.  I have been working to get some of the weeds in the beds under control, but it is tedious work and only temporary.  There is some satisfaction in looking at freshly mulched beds even if it is impermanent.

I'm trying my hand at some adenium seeds.  There are some sprouting which is cool.  One of my recent trips to Atlanta I picked up some magnolia seeds.  I just started them yesterday.

I also have picked up some adenium (through eBay) from these guys http://adenium.com.tw.  They shipped the plants on Friday and the PO tried to deliver on Tuesday.  That amazes me.  The world is getting to be a tiny place.

Amarylis have been something I've grown, but the standard Home Depot type variety.  I see that more and more of the unusual are coming out in catalogs and websites.  I picked up some nice bulbs from www.royalcolors.com.  The are in their pots awaiting activity.

Day 20 - Post 14

No comments: