Saturday, November 03, 2007

Is Fall finally here?

It was 65 when I woke up. Compare that to the 70s we've been having. This is the first time since April or so it has been in the 60s.

Since I have been travelling a lot since the middle of August, the yard and plants have taken a beating. It looks bad out there. With this weather, it is time to get out and get this cleaned up. Unfortunately, down here, when it is cool it is also dry. With the current water restrictions, it will be a balancing act to keep things going, plant new things and keep them watered.

I still have about 50 orchids. They don't hold my interest as they did. Now it is passiflora, aristolochia, amaryllis and adeniums that I find interesting. Today is the Mounts Fall Plant sale. It is a great place to wander around and look at interesting things. Coupled with this weather, it should be a great time.

Day 3 Post 4

No comments: