Sunday, November 25, 2007

Various Thoughts

We had a nice Thanksgiving.  My parents and sister were over.  Jason had his girlfriend over. 

I usually do the appetizers.  I try to do something different, but this year I just wasn't inspired.  I thought about it for quite some time, but never really came up with anything unique.  I worked off the appetizer for last year and made mini meatball and sausage pepper and onions subs.  They were good, but nothing exceptional.

It is amazing how much work goes into creating the dinner and how quickly it is all over (except the leftovers).

How much is it worth to wake up early to get a deal on Black Friday?  I'm not sure.  Jason and I ventured to BJ's where we picked up an Olevia 47" 1080p LCD.  We were in and out, back home by 8AM. 

The TV is installed (partially) and looks great.  I also picked up a Toshiba HD-A30 1080p HD DVD Player.  Previously I only had the 720p through the LG.  There is a difference in the viewing experience.  I'm not sure who's going to win the format war, but we have both bases covered.

It doesn't look like I'm going to make the 30 in 30.  I'll get some more up over the next few days, but not 30.

 

Day 26 - Post 17

No comments: