Tuesday, November 06, 2007

HTC Touch Day 2

I've had some time to use the Touch.

One of my issues with the PDA phones has been the ability to hear the calls.  What good is the phone if I can't hear the caller/callee?  None.  I can hear the calls with the Touch fine.

I've got the phone syncing with my tablet.  First sync took a little bit of time, but everything came over.  One thing that I've had issue with is recurring appointments.  Work email/calendaring is Lotus Notes, the Outlook connector is somewhat flaky so I don't use it.  I either add my tablet email to the appointment or there is a rule to forward all appointments to the tablet.  Either way, the end up on the tablet.  The problem has been the recurring appointments seem to show up in Outlook OK, but on the phone 4 hours early.  I figured it was the phone, but under WM6 on the Touch it was happening too.  I tried saving the appointment in Outlook.  The next sync had the appointment set OK.  Strange.

I've done a little customization to the phone, but not much.  Email is set up.  I am having issues with touching links in the emails. 

The onscreen keyboard has a traditional full keyboard as well.  I need more time to get used to the 20 key keyboard. 

My fingers are a little fat for the accuracy of the touch screen.  I think that is a practice issue.

There is a mobile IM client.  I haven't set up the mobile email as a Windows Live ID, but will do that soon.

So far, I like the phone. 

Day 6 - Post 6

No comments: